cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCSM Plugin Registration Error

barneeze
Level 1
Level 1

After downloading the plugin registration files and plug files, I attempt to launch the registration exe as instructed in the documentation and only get a pop dialog error stating "object reference not set to an instance of an object".

Has anyone else run into this?  I've tried it on several different machines with the same result... 

7 Replies 7

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

Following https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/vmware_tools/vCenter/vCenter_Plugin_User_Guide/2x/b_vCenter_2x/b_vCenter_2x_chapter_01.html

make sure the web URL you have the plugin parked at is reachable, has no issues with firewalls, or web proxy settings.  Have seen a few cases where Proxy settings seem to interfered with vcenter and machine running registration, ability to reach actual web url.  Try using standard 80/443 ports.

Maybe do test such as  wget http://<HTTP/HTTPS server IP>/ucs-vcplugin-1.2.1.zip

Thanks,

Kirk...

Hey @Kirk J, I actually don't even get that far.  As soon as I double-click the registration executable this error pops up.  I never get a window to input any information or anything like that.

Hello,

We have VMware Cluster setup on Cisco Blade servers. Does anyone have any idea if this "Cisco UCS Plugin Registration" tool runs only on Cisco UCS platform and not on Cisco Blade servers. An update on this would really help.

Regards,

Sud

Did you ever find a resolution for this?

ilhamaz
Level 1
Level 1
Install VMware PowerCLI

I get the same error, and I have Power CLI installed.

Hello,

I have found that using older versions of PowerCLI will work around this issue.

Could you try with 6.5 Release 1 (6.5R1)?

--

Niko

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card