cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCSM Upgrade stuck at 96% from 2.2 (6c) to 3.1 (2e)

kkp1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I am upgrading a cluster of UCS (6248) FI Version 2.2 (6c) to 3.1 (2e) form UCS Central and it is stuck at 96 % without any activity from couple of hrs and UCSM now has been disconnected from UCS Central.

Kindly help me how to start Troubleshooting.

Should i re-register again to UCS Central

Should i reboot the FI-A to start the upgrade again.

PFA Screen shot for error message.

Thanks

k

5 Replies 5

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your upgrade failed valdiation, hence it will not proceed.

Please check the "Upgrade Validation" tab and see the reason for the failure. If I had to guess, I would think you might have some hardware that is not supported on 3.1. Please review release notes for deprecated hardware in UCSM 3.1.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/release/notes/CiscoUCSManager-RN-3-1.html

Qiese Dides
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi KK,

As Wes stated the upgrade failed due to a component not being supported in 3.1 you are going from 2.2. This could be something as small as an adapter that your team may not be using but it may need to be decomissioned. The link Wesley provided shows you the hardware.

If you open a TAC case and upload UCSM logs they can tell you which hardware is causing the issue. To gather logs the link is below:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/servers-unified-computing/ucs-manager/115023-visg-tsfiles-00.html

Once you have removed the hardware in question you can restart the upgrade process.

- Please mark all helpful posts or correct posts so other members can find answers more easily.

- Qiese Dides

Thanks all for your reply,

Tac case is already in place,but they did not find anything suspicious in logs and suggested to restart the upgrade.

Only c 240 servers are connected to FI.

My query is i am upgrading this process from ucs central and now ucsm is showing registration status as loss visibility and if i retry upgrade process from ucs central nothing is happen on ucsm side,so i want to know should i de-register it from ucs central and register it again to start the process.

I would call into TAC and have them join the call and assist you moving forward. They need to investigate the visibility to UCS central and understand the next steps to ensure no production impact.

Did you review the Release Notes as I outlined previously? Do you have old FI/IOM/Adapters etc?

Please share the TAC case number and I can take a look.

Thanks Austin,

Here is my TAC Case 683572777.

there are couple of c series servers those are not assigned to any service profile yet.

I will put them in production soon.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card