cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to boot the right side of UCS blades (B200M2)

robin99
Level 1
Level 1

This is funny but I have't figure out what is the problem.

I have the SAN pinning setup as follows:

A1 uses fc0 on 6120XP fabric A

A2 uses fc1 on 6120XP fabric A

B1 uses fc0 on 6120XP fabric B

B2 uses fc1 on 6120XP fabric B

All the left side blades (slot 1,3,5, and 7) are working fine but all the right side of B200M2 blades could not boot from SAN. I could installed VM on these right blades but once rebooted, the system could not find the storage anymore. I am using the latest UCS firmware 1.4.(3m).

I am wondering if this isssue is due to access to storage fabric B since all the left servers are booting from stoarge fabric A as primary (use SAN pin A1), and B ((use SAN pin B1) as secondary uplink which points to access problem to storage fabric B only. The right blades are using fabric A (use SAN pin A2) as primary uplink and B as secondary (with SAN pin B2 as uplink). Has anyone experience this before or have some idea what's happening? Appreciate for any comments.

regards,

Robin

4 Replies 4

abbharga
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Robin,

Can you let me know the following two:

1) How many links do you have between the IOM and the FI from the chassis?

2) What is the storage being used for the booth LUNs (I mean is it EMC)? Are the LUNs active/active?

./Abhinav

Hi,

Thanks fro asking. There are 2 links for each IOM 6124XP and  I used the first two. The storage used is HP. The SAN switches are brocade. Yes, the LUNs active active.

Can you attach a photo of your boot policy?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Attached as requested. The SAN target primary WWNs are referring to fabric A and the secondaries are fabric B. There is no errors in the UCS fault summary window at all. Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card