cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to boot to ISO

dustinlally
Level 1
Level 1

Having issues with new M5 blades.  I've been able to mount and boot to an ISO on my M3's and M4's.  Not sure if something changed.

I KVM to the console, activate media and mount the ISO.  However When I boot up and hit f6 for boot menu, I do not get any option to boot to media like I'm used to.  

When I load the BIOS, i can see the options there in boot options, however I cannot change it there due to the service profile overwriting it.  

3 Replies 3

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

Have you attempted via both HTML5 and Java vKVM interfaces?

Are your working M3/M4 blades in the same UCSM domain?  

Thanks,

Kirk...

Suat Deniz
Level 1
Level 1

I had this problem too, we are using UCS Central . If you are using UCS Central too, you have to change your Boot Policy in UCS Central .You need to add KVM DVD/CD boot and evaluate/save . Then reboot your Server hit F6 and choose DVD/CD boot --> search --> take your .iso file and let it boot from ;-) .

Maybe you have to change your Boot Policy in UCS Manager if you don´t use UCS Central .

chris.cs.smith
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dustin, were you able to resolve this? I too am unable to select KVM DVD as a boot option. I do have it configured in the service profile and I can map to it.

I can add it in the BIOS, but it doesn't apply on next reboot. Any information is appreciated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: