Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to enable HBA Card in the Cisco UCS c22 m3 server

jafferali86
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I need your help desperately to setup the cisco ucs c22 m3 server in our environment. We have a C22 M3 server and I did the basic config of CIMC and we have a LSI megaraid controller connected to one of the PCIe and the other PCIe has a dual port 8gb HBA card. We installed the RAID and we can see the LSI Megaraid controller. But I cannot see the HBA card and there is noo light near the card. I hope I need to enable something so that the card should work. I tried enabling in the BIOS menu I can see the PCIe slot is enabled but I am unable to see the HBA functioning. Couldyou pleasehelp me to resolve this.

5 Replies 5

Manuel Velasco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What kind of HBA card are you trying to use? (on link below page 23, for compatible  HBAs for this server)

How many CPUs do you have installed on your server? (Page 19 under caveats, if you are using a single cpu only pci slot 1 is supported)

I hope this helps.

Cisco UCS C22 M3

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/ps10265/ps10493/c22m3_lff_specsheet.pdf

Dear Manuel,

Thanks for replying me. See the answers for your queries.

What kind of HBA card are you trying to use?

If I am not wrong we are using "Qlogic QLE2562, 8Gb dual port Fibre Channel HBA".

How many CPUs do you have installed on your server?

I opened the box and saw only 1 CPU installed. But the solution is given by CISCO pre sales. We have 2 PCIe slots configured. One for LSI RAID controller and the other with dual port Fibre Channel HBA.

Awaiting your reply.

Thanks and Regards,

Jaffer Ali

Hi Jaffer,

This is the reason your server is unable to detect the other pci adapter.  You should talk to your Cisco sales person and show them the document (starting at the end of page 19) I gave you. You can prove that your adapter is working by moving this to slot 1 and power on your server.

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Jaffer,

A few questions

What HBA card is installed in C 22 M3 server ?

In which slot ?

CIMC version ?

OS version ?

Have you installed necessary drivers ?

Padma

Hi Padma,

Please find the answers for your queries.

What HBA card is installed in C 22 M3 server ?

Qlogic QLE2562, 8Gb dual port Fibre Channel HBA

In which slot ?

PCIe slot 2

CIMC version ?

1.4(7a)

OS version ?

VMware ESXi 5.1/5.0

Have you installed necessary drivers ?

I just installed the ESXi.

Thanks and Regards,

Jaffer Ali

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card