Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to Install Hyperflex via Intersight

IC2317
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am getting below error while installing hyperflex via Intersight. Installation is failing at 66%.

Failed in Task: Copying Preliminary Software Packages Checksum File to Storage Controller VM(outbound) with error: 'Failed to connect to svc.ucs-connect.com at port 443:[Errno 110] connection timed out'

On firewall we have allowed all traffic to internet from Fabric Interconnects.

Any suggestions please.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think the step you are on, is referring to connectivity for the storage controller guestVms, so you will want to make sure that the IP block that is being assigned to the storage controller mgmt range also has access to svc.ucs-connect.com and svc.intersight.com

Connectivity to those storage controllers will be going out the inband/10/25/40Gb uplinks from the FIs via your esxi/mgmt vlan.

You might want to ssh into one of the storage controller mgmt IPs as root (use Cisco123, or your defined password, but think it's early enough that passwords probably won't have changed/applied yet) and test connectivity to svc.ucs-connect.com and svc.intersight.com:

nc -zuv svc.ucs-connect.com 443

nc -zuv svc.intersight.com 443

Kirk...

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think the step you are on, is referring to connectivity for the storage controller guestVms, so you will want to make sure that the IP block that is being assigned to the storage controller mgmt range also has access to svc.ucs-connect.com and svc.intersight.com

Connectivity to those storage controllers will be going out the inband/10/25/40Gb uplinks from the FIs via your esxi/mgmt vlan.

You might want to ssh into one of the storage controller mgmt IPs as root (use Cisco123, or your defined password, but think it's early enough that passwords probably won't have changed/applied yet) and test connectivity to svc.ucs-connect.com and svc.intersight.com:

Kirk...

Hi Kirk,

I just tested from one of the SCVM and I can connect on port 443 using below commands. However, installation still fails.

@Kirk J 

Even though I was able to reach on port 443, installation was failing. However, after allowing SCVM subnet on firewall, my installation succeeded.

Many thanks for your help.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card