cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to launch UCS manager

Hasansyed58
Level 1
Level 1

I'm Unable to launch UCS manager.  I'm wondering if someone else have same issue.  I update the Jave but still I cannot connect to UCS manager.

Any other configuration need to modify in IE?

Thanks,

12 Replies 12

rewilkin
Level 1
Level 1

Go into your java settings and uncheck the older version. Java/UCSM will still try to use the old version if you just updated and did not remove the older version.

Give that a try.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Reggie,

I unchecked other JAVA ver and keep enable 1.6.0_26 in user and system tab.  I have reboot my machine but still no luck.

Thanks,

Do you get any type of error message? Is your host behind a proxy server?

To complement Louis suggestion you might also want enable the logging console for Java.  When you try to launch it next you should get some verbose detail as to whats happening.

Post the log here and we'll take a look.

Regards,

Robert

FYI, I unchecked that option originally because I had other java based applications that had issues where I needed to troubleshoot by clearing the Java Cache.  Also, it was set really high and was using too much space.  When I reenabled it, I set it to 100MB because by default, it is set to 1000MB.

yongkchung
Level 1
Level 1

Go to the Java Control Panel.  Under the General tab, there is a section for "Temporary Internet Files".  Click on the "Settings" button.  Check to see if "Keep temporary files on my computer" is checked.  If it is not checked, check.  The UCS Manager GUI seems to need that option, while all of my other Java based applications, including Cisco MDS management java GUI's don't.

That should fix your problem.

Also, check your file associations for jnlp files.  The launch settings should show:  "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\javaws.exe" "%1"

Vincent La Bua
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Reading the post, i missed if this ever worked before...

You can try and delete the zip files that are downloaded to c:\> documents and settings\ user\app data\cisco..... It may be under local settings application data....

That could help. Try disabling any host firewall maybe too.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

rjs
Level 5
Level 5

I had the same problem with UCS Emulator after a Java Upgrade to support goUCS.  The solution for me was to open Java Console in the control panel.  On the General tab select Setting... at the bottum under Temporary Internet Files.  Select Delete Files... button, leave both option selected (Applications and Applets & Trace and Log Files).  Next launch of UCSM workin in both I.E. and Mozilla.

vsheliga
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you rjs! Your solution works perfectly fine for me.

Jaya George
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I am trying to launch the UCS manager and nothing comes up on screen.

Java is updated to latest version. 

do let me know if anyone was successful 

Is it the same if you try to login from another computer that has a lower version of Java ?

-Kenny

Marcel Finger
Level 1
Level 1

The following thread and the answer of kstar9200 helped me to solve the issue.

https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-45632

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: