cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to load UCS Manager 3.1(3b) on IE 11

dinero
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrading UCS manager from 2.2(6g) to 3.1(3b) we are unable to load the new html5 UCS manager on IE 11. It would just sit at loading forever..

We are able to load/login to UCS Manager 3.1(3b) from Chrome browser successfully. 

Any known issues with HTML5 and IE 11 ??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vladimir Barmin
Level 1
Level 1

Check if "compatibility view" is in effect for the the UCSM. Turning it off solved the problem for me.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you compliant with

The Java-based KVM client requires Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.7.x or higher.

Important:

Beginning with Cisco UCS Manager Release 3.1(3a), the Cisco UCS Manager GUI is no longer available as a Java-based application.

Supported Web Browsers

Cisco UCS Manager GUI

Web Browsers

HTML5

Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 or higher

Mozilla Firefox 45 or higher

Google Chrome 45 or higher

Apple Safari version 9 or higher

Opera version 35 or higher

I am on  IE 11  version: 11.0.9600.18792

Per your comment HTML5 should be supported, but it is not loading the login page , it is just stuck at loading.

Did you only update UCS Manager, or the Fabric Interconnects and IOM as well (which means the infrastructure) ?

Can you ssh on any FI ? what is the cluster state ?

yes, updated the infrastrucuture piece ( UCSM, FI & IOM).

I can ssh to both FI's. , cluster is HA ready.

As I mentioned, I can login to new UCS manager without any issues on chrome browser.

Having issues with IE only.

I have the same issue. Did you resolve the issue?

No. UCSM 3.1(3b)  never loaded for me in IE 11. 

I have recently upgraded to UCSM 3.1(3a) and i am seeing slow performance , takes for ever to login and sometimes sessions hang for about 60 seconds, is there a fix for this?

Vladimir Barmin
Level 1
Level 1

Check if "compatibility view" is in effect for the the UCSM. Turning it off solved the problem for me.

antsabo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Also try to decommission and re-acknowledge this worked for me. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: