Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade 2.1 - Default Zoning - End-Host Mode

Andreas Sartori
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

we plan to upgrade vom 2.0(d) to 2.1(d) and when going over the current configuration i see that 2 VSANs have default zoning enabled and 1 VSAN has default zoning disabled.

we are running end-host mode, so from my knowledge the default zoning behaviour does not affect us. the "Enable/Disable default zoning" Buttons

are grayed out, so i cant change that.

When i upgrade to 2.1 will this affect my ucs installation?

thanks for any response

regards

-andreas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have directly connected FC/FCoE storage devices?  Default zoning would only affect you in you were in FC Switch Mode (which is different than Ethernet End Host/Switch Mode).

Robert

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have directly connected FC/FCoE storage devices?  Default zoning would only affect you in you were in FC Switch Mode (which is different than Ethernet End Host/Switch Mode).

Robert

Hello Robert,

i thought/hoped that i get an answer like this. I do not have any directly attached devices nor we are running fc switch mode. I just wanted to get sure that i am not affected.

thanks and regards

-andreas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card