Helpful
Replies

Upgrade CIMC UCS-C220-M4 with HUU

mnice
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I hope you are well

I tried to update the CIMC interface of my M4 server with a USB key but on the step of copying the files I have an error message that appears ''Error 906'' I looked on the Cisco database I found that it was a bug and one of the proposed solution is to prepare a USB key under RedHat or centOS by executing a scipt.

I installed a Centos 6.4 version but to apply the script I can't because I'm a beginner under Linux. Can someone help me to prepare the boot key through centOS?

Version CIMC to install is : ucs-c220m4-huu-4.1.2b

Thanks in advance for your help.

5 Replies 5

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Kirk

Sorry for the late return

I have already followed this procedure but I can't execute the command

Requirements: 
- HUU USB Image Utility = I don't know where to get it
- Linux Server (Tested with RHEL 6.4 and CENTOS 6.4) = OK
- The following package must be installed: syslinux-4.02-8.el6.x86_64 (or later) = OK
- Standalone C-Series HUU Image (to be written) = ucs-c220m4-huu-4.1.2b.iso the version I need to use

I have downloaded the scirpt, I have changed the name of the ISO but it doesn't work it tells me no folder or directory when I execute the command =  ./create_util_usb_v2.sh /dev/sdb ucs-c220m4-huu-4.1.2b.iso

On the flash disk or in a specific directory under linux should I copy something?

Regards.

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ver 3 of script is attached partway through previously referenced article, but posting link here for convenience.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/unified-computing-system/cisco-standalone-c-series-host-update-utility-usb-image-utility/ta-p/3638625?attachment-id=158721 

Thanks,

Kirk...

Hello Kirk

Thank you for your return

I downloaded the script and modified the firmware version but when I run the script nothing happens

I will try to see why it's not working.

Thanks again for your help.

Hello Kirk

I was able to launch the command but I have an error message that appears

Msg : 

WARNING: Re-reading the partition table failed with error 22: Invalid argument.

The kernel still uses the old table. The new table will be used at

the next reboot or after you run partprobe(8) or kpartx(8)

Syncing disks.

Error: Partition creation failed.

Regards.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card