Helpful
Replies

Upgrade CIMC UCS-C220-M4 with HUU

mnice
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I hope you are well

I tried to update the CIMC interface of my M4 server with a USB key but on the step of copying the files I have an error message that appears ''Error 906'' I looked on the Cisco database I found that it was a bug and one of the proposed solution is to prepare a USB key under RedHat or centOS by executing a scipt.

I installed a Centos 6.4 version but to apply the script I can't because I'm a beginner under Linux. Can someone help me to prepare the boot key through centOS?

Version CIMC to install is : ucs-c220m4-huu-4.1.2b

Thanks in advance for your help.

5 Replies 5

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Kirk

Sorry for the late return

I have already followed this procedure but I can't execute the command

Requirements: 
- HUU USB Image Utility = I don't know where to get it
- Linux Server (Tested with RHEL 6.4 and CENTOS 6.4) = OK
- The following package must be installed: syslinux-4.02-8.el6.x86_64 (or later) = OK
- Standalone C-Series HUU Image (to be written) = ucs-c220m4-huu-4.1.2b.iso the version I need to use

I have downloaded the scirpt, I have changed the name of the ISO but it doesn't work it tells me no folder or directory when I execute the command =  ./create_util_usb_v2.sh /dev/sdb ucs-c220m4-huu-4.1.2b.iso

On the flash disk or in a specific directory under linux should I copy something?

Regards.

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ver 3 of script is attached partway through previously referenced article, but posting link here for convenience.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/unified-computing-system/cisco-standalone-c-series-host-update-utility-usb-image-utility/ta-p/3638625?attachment-id=158721 

Thanks,

Kirk...

Hello Kirk

Thank you for your return

I downloaded the script and modified the firmware version but when I run the script nothing happens

I will try to see why it's not working.

Thanks again for your help.

Hello Kirk

I was able to launch the command but I have an error message that appears

Msg : 

WARNING: Re-reading the partition table failed with error 22: Invalid argument.

The kernel still uses the old table. The new table will be used at

the next reboot or after you run partprobe(8) or kpartx(8)

Syncing disks.

Error: Partition creation failed.

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card