cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade FI from 3.1.3h to 3.2.3k. Now all chassis have "Thermal-problem" F0411

Khoa Pham
Level 1
Level 1

Long story short, we upgraded a pair of our FI 6296 to from 3.1.3h to 3.2.3k  and . The upgrade went successfully without any error. But once it done, it now shows 2 critical errors "F0411 - Thermal condition on chassis x is upper-non-recoverable". Because of that, all the fans of all the chassis (5108)  are running at maximum speed.

I checked and confirm that there is no real "Thermal condition", the AC is running, fans blow out cool air from the back of the chassis as usual. I also followed this post and reset the IOM, didn't help either.

Is this a bug? Please advise.

Environment: 2x FI 6296 , connected to 2x UCS Chassis 5108. Mixed of B200 M3 and M4. Nothing else. No error before the upgrade.

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The same issue was reported on this thread: useful  tips were discussed on the thread 

https://community.cisco.com/t5/unified-computing-system/having-an-issues-with-this-fault-f0411-thermal-condition-on/td-p/3014893

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank you BB. I've read them all and followed the tips, none of them works. The different about my case is I had no issue before the upgrade. I've also been working on this case with TAC and they are not very helpful either. TAC explained that I need to upgrade firmware of all Blades to match the version of the FI, which is very difficult for us to schedule downtime to do, and not very logical to us either.

I can understand how difficulties when we do production upgrade, that is the reason always suggested to read the relase notes and understand the caveats before upgrade, do some reasearch, is this upgrade required and effecting any issue with production environment. we need to calculated manythings.

As Cisco TAC is SME (subject matter of expters who wrote the code and design, you should follow their asistance, that is what we paid for the support to protect service)

As a community member we only suggest based on our experience. beyond we need to depepend on Cisco TAC here.

if this is not operationally not imppacted and only alerts getting generated and its false just ignore it. or get ready and prepare for TAC Advise.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card