Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade from M81KR to VIC1280

gregrolling
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have (3) B230M2 blades with M81KR CNA.  In order to upgrade UCSM from 2.1.3 to 2.2.5 to add B200M4 blades into the environment, I am planning to replace the M81KR's with VIC1280's.  I'm looking for any advice.

The blades are going to stay in the same slots they are in currently.  I think I should be able to power them down, replace the hardware, re-ack the blade.  It should be that simple right?  Has anyone done this and have a "war-story" to share?

Thanks!

--Greg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gregrolling
Level 1
Level 1

I'll answer my own question in case anyone ever looks into this. 

This was a very simple operation.  Vacated the ESXI host and put into maintenance mode, shut down the host.  Pulled the blade, swapped the M81KR with the VIC1280 and rebooted.

The balde required a re-ack to properly identify the new adapter and it booted up without issue.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

gregrolling
Level 1
Level 1

I'll answer my own question in case anyone ever looks into this. 

This was a very simple operation.  Vacated the ESXI host and put into maintenance mode, shut down the host.  Pulled the blade, swapped the M81KR with the VIC1280 and rebooted.

The balde required a re-ack to properly identify the new adapter and it booted up without issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card