cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade uscm 2.0 to 2.2

Patrick Connor
Level 1
Level 1

I have a UCS environment currently running 2.0 and need to upgrade to 2.2. the compatibility matrix indicates the 2.0 B bundle is not compatible with the 2.2 release.  What is the affect on the chassis and servers after the FIs are upgraded to 2.2.   Will the servers still function or go down before an upgrade to the server takes place?  

The goal is to upgrade the FIs  if HA mode while production is still running and then upgrade each blade one at a time while we move the VM workload around.  I am concerned there will be interruptions of the chassis servers after the FI upgrade.

1 Reply 1

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Patrick

No worries ! the chasis and server will run, even after FI is on 2.2

see eg.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/upgrading/from2-0/to2-2/b_UpgradingCiscoUCSFrom2-0To2-2.html

Typically, you would upgrade first UCSM to 2.2, the do "autoinstall infrastructure", and then finally either do manual or also "autoinstall server", blade by blade.

I assume of course, that you have a maintenance policy with explicit ACK in place.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card