cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgraded UCS c220 now can't access CIMC

Danny Mainprize
Level 1
Level 1

I recently upgraded one of my UCS C220 servers with the Cisco huu from 1.4 something to 2.0(9f).  I told it to upgrade all so it just did whatever it found needing upgrading.  Now when I try to log into the CIMC the green bar comes up, flashes, and says logged out.  I have rebooted it several times. It is accepting my password because I can enter the wrong thing and it tells me incorrect username/password.  

Has anyone else run into this and found a fix for it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Danny,

Can you SSH to the CIMC?

Try to clear your Java and browser cache. Also attempt to access CIMC from a different browser. It sounds like when you upgraded, all the old CIMC information is still in cache.

Let me know if this works or if you are still having issues.

Thanks,

Wes

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Danny,

Can you SSH to the CIMC?

Try to clear your Java and browser cache. Also attempt to access CIMC from a different browser. It sounds like when you upgraded, all the old CIMC information is still in cache.

Let me know if this works or if you are still having issues.

Thanks,

Wes

I hate it when I overlook the obvious steps that I always have other people do when they call me....

Cache clear took care of it.

What is the command in ssh to clear cache?

Thanks,

Hello,
I'm new to Cisco blades; what is the command in ssh to clear the cache?

I can ping the web address but when I launch the page I get page cant't be displayed.

I've tried Chrome and IE. 
Thank you,
Dan

The clearing of cache was referred to as doing that in the web browser they are using, and not clearing cash via CLI. If you have tried both of those you can try firefox as well. Also, if the server is safe to go down you can try SSHing to the server and rebooting it via CLI. Alternatively you can reboot just CIMC from CLI. 

Your situation may be little different from Danny's as in you case CIMC page can't be displayed, however obvious next step should be clearing the cache only or use a different browser... nothing to be done in SSH regarding clearing cache.. you have to do it from your web browser and if required from java as well...
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: