Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrading firmware on C24 - invalid platform

Kassim Ismail
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a Cisco C24 M3 server where I need to update the firmware. I downloaded the Cisco HUU  for that server model, however it will not let me upgrade the firmware as its says “invalid platform”, which does not make sense as it’s the correct HUU for that model. I downloaded the file “ucs-c2x-huu-3.0.3a.iso”.

i have attached a screenshot.

any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kass

5 Replies 5

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Based on the screen capture you have a C240 or C220 and you downloaded the C24 HUU image. Please download the correct C240 or C220 HUU and try again.

Hi Wes,

Thanks for the reply.

the front of the server shows C24 M3L, i have attached a screenshot from the Cisco device coverage of the serial number and that also shows a C24.

Thanks

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is this an appliance or a standalone server?

Can you try with a different C24 HUU and see if that works?

If not, I would attempt to flash the CIMC and BIOS through the Web UI and then attempt to run the HUU on other components.

its a standalone server. i will try version 2.0.

Thanks for the suggestion.

ok, version 2 also comes up with the same error. this is at the point of booting up with the HUU CD. i dont even get to the stage where i am given the option to select the which components to upgrade.

looks like a TAC case is needed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: