Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading UCS Firmware to 4.2

lee.ainsworth
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

As I understand it, the M3's I have across all my domains are no longer supported at this firmware level, that's fine, we don't want M3's anyway.

What happens to them when the firmware is upgraded on the UCS? if they are not supported, and still in situ, do they show up as blank in the chassis? or does it come up with an error?

I have a lot of M3's that might take some time to remove if that is what is required, but I would prefer to do them in slow time if that is possible after the firmware upgrade.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brian Morrissey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

By default it should stop the infra upgrade from occurring until you remove the M3's from the domain.

If the upgrade did happen, those blades would fail discovery with "server hardware not supported" or have the ? mark icons for the slot and you would loose the ability to manage them.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Brian Morrissey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

By default it should stop the infra upgrade from occurring until you remove the M3's from the domain.

If the upgrade did happen, those blades would fail discovery with "server hardware not supported" or have the ? mark icons for the slot and you would loose the ability to manage them.

Yeah thats what i was thinking, ill get them removed before hand then.

thanks for your response

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card