cancel
Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
lamerdan1
Beginner

vCenter extension problem

Last november it appears I started getting some errors on my UCS to vCenter integration. I am not able to add or change any vlans to the DVS folder I have in use. I think it was tied to another admin creating a new cert to replace an expired one.

These are the errors I get:

"[FSM:STAGE:REMOTE-ERROR]: Result: service-unavailable Code: unspecified Message: Timed out while getting response from vCenter(sam:dme:ExtvmmProviderConfig:GetVersion)"

"[FSM:FAILED]: external VM manager configuration(FSM:sam:dme:ExtvmmProviderConfig)"

Being I have a working DVS, I was wondering if I might just re-export the vcenter extension and add it back into vCenter without my production DVS getting messed with other than to apply any changes I've done which are to add VLANs.

3 REPLIES 3
Zaira Vega
Cisco Employee

Do you know if UCSM version was upgraded recently?

What is the current UCSM firmware version?

What is the ESXI version?

UCSM started off at 2.04(a), I then upgraded to 2.1(1d) about a month ago to try and solve this.

Before I had noticed this was a problem, about 2 months ago I also went and updated ESXi and vSphere to 5.0 U2.

The funny thing is I can create a new DVS, and that shows up in VMware but the updates for when I associate a port profile client do not get updated in VMware.

and that DVS had a VLAN that was not showing for the longest time and now that I go look, the VLAN is there. So I just went in and tried adding another and 30 minutes later it has not shown up...

Content for Community-Ad
This widget could not be displayed.