cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vHBA with VSAN and Pin group associated at the same time.

Sr. Nunes
Level 1
Level 1

In a scenario in which I have I have associated a vHBA to a VSAN with multiple interfaces and also associated with a ping group, in case of failure
will the repining be done to another interface of the same VSAN or due to the ping group configuration havéra repining?

Note: I use Brocabe in the SAN so I do not use port channel.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Right, you are pretty much telling the vHBA "You are only to use this uplink, if it fails, remain down until it comes back online"

If you want to dynamically re-pin to another uplink, just let the UCS select the pinning for the uplinks. It will evenly distribute the load over all uplinks.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you use a pin group for your vHBA, if the port fails, the vHBA will not failover to another uplink.

In other words, vHBA ignores the VSAN configuration for multiple interfaces, correct?

Right, you are pretty much telling the vHBA "You are only to use this uplink, if it fails, remain down until it comes back online"

If you want to dynamically re-pin to another uplink, just let the UCS select the pinning for the uplinks. It will evenly distribute the load over all uplinks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card