Views
Helpful
Replies

VIC1240 and 2208xp

davidcheung
Level 1
Level 1

Hi team,

Have to quickly configure the UCS to provide 80G link from B200 M3 blades to FI.

I have two adpaters: 1 VIC 1240 (VIC1240 is in the mLOM slot), 1 VIC 1280 and IOM module is 2208xp.

After tchecked the doc, I found the solution as attached. But cant find the doc which shows how to configure in UCS?

It is highly appreciated if anybody can suggest the detail steps of configuration.

Thx

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

abbharga
Level 4
Level 4

Hi David,

With the 1240 and 1280 adapters on the blade you will automatically have 80 G total b/w to the FI from the blade. 40 G to side A and 40 on side B.

There is a automatic port-channel created between the adapter and the blade and you are not required to configure anything else.

All you need to do is create the vnic and vhba as usual in the serivce profile.

./Abhinav

View solution in original post

David,

That is created by default and automaticly by the system, is just that the hardware detect each other and just creates the port channel... it is like:

"you support port-channel?

-I do

-OK, lets'go for it"

Check this out:

Source: 

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/ps10265/ps10280/B200M3_SpecSheet.pdf

"B200 M3 Configured with 2 CPUs -  Connectivity using the Cisco UCS 2208XP Fabric Extender"

What you can check through UCSM is also if there is a port-channel created between the FIs and the IOMs... that is done in the Chassis Discovery Policy where you can use, 1-2-4-8 link  or Platform Max and then set the "Link Grouping Preference" to "None" or "Port Channel"

Hope that helps somehow.

-Kenny

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

abbharga
Level 4
Level 4

Hi David,

With the 1240 and 1280 adapters on the blade you will automatically have 80 G total b/w to the FI from the blade. 40 G to side A and 40 on side B.

There is a automatic port-channel created between the adapter and the blade and you are not required to configure anything else.

All you need to do is create the vnic and vhba as usual in the serivce profile.

./Abhinav

HI Mate,

Thank you very much for your quick response.

quick one, how i verify the port-channels between IOM to Blade adpater  by CLI or GUI?

David,

That is created by default and automaticly by the system, is just that the hardware detect each other and just creates the port channel... it is like:

"you support port-channel?

-I do

-OK, lets'go for it"

Check this out:

Source: 

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/ps10265/ps10280/B200M3_SpecSheet.pdf

"B200 M3 Configured with 2 CPUs -  Connectivity using the Cisco UCS 2208XP Fabric Extender"

What you can check through UCSM is also if there is a port-channel created between the FIs and the IOMs... that is done in the Chassis Discovery Policy where you can use, 1-2-4-8 link  or Platform Max and then set the "Link Grouping Preference" to "None" or "Port Channel"

Hope that helps somehow.

-Kenny

Hi Abhinav, Keny,

Thank you very much!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card