cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN support for Cisco UCS 6300 Series Switches (sysoid: 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.12.3.1.3.1662)

brian.kaplan
Level 1
Level 1
Problem Statement:

We have requirement to support VLAN feature for Cisco UCS device [ UCS 6332-16UP Fabric Interconnect with SysOID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.12.3.1.3.1662] in our Network Management Product. We already support VLAN for Cisco UCS 6200 series using CISCO-VTP-MIB.  However, SNMP walk of the device reports data of various UCS specific MIBs as well [CISCO-VTP-MIB, CISCO-PRIVATE-VLAN-MIB, CISCO-VLAN-MEMBERSHIP-MIB, CISCO-UNIFIED-COMPUTING-ADAPTOR-MIB, CISCO-UNIFIED-COMPUTING-SW-MIB]

We did check Cisco UCS MIBs and found MIB attributes are described as one liners, not able to understand which MIB should be used to discover VLANs and assigned ports to those VLANs.

If required SNMP walk for this device model can be shared.

My query to Cisco is :

1 ) Which MIB to be used for VLAN discovery of UCS devices? How to get VLAN Names and Ports/Interfaces assigned to each VLAN?

2) Is MIB support varies for UCS different series models?

Answer for above queries will help us in modeling VLAN support for UCS devices in our Network Management tool.

Thank you!

5 Replies 5

josoneal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hello Brian,

1) Use the following MIB CISCO-UNIFIED-COMPUTING-FABRIC-MIB for VLAN information
OID: cucsFabricVlanTable 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.719.1.19.60 ----> For VLANS
OID: cucsFabricVlanEpTable 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.719.1.19.61 -----> Should show you vlans and which interface those vlans are on.

2) No the mib support isn't different per model. It is different per firmware version. That can be seen here: ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/supportlists/ucs/ucs-manager-supportlist.html

Hopefully this helps.

-Josh

Responding on behalf of Brian ....

Hi Josh,

Thanks for your response.
SNMP walk of the device do report OID: cucsFabricVlanTable 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.719.1.19.60 ----> For VLANS but OID: cucsFabricVlanEpTable 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.719.1.19.61 is missing in the walk which is supposed to provide vlan and associated interface information.

Please check attached document from the SNMP walk of the device where I have provided relevant snippets.

Regards,
Shikha

Try using the following OID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.719.1.19.69.1.2

-Josh

OID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.719.1.19.69.1.2 is also not reported in the SNMP walk. 

Does this signify that device configuration is incomplete to report VLAN specific mib attributes in the SNMP walk shared by customer? 

Could you provide me email id where I can share the complete SNMP walk of the device, since its public forum and snmpwalk may contain sensitive information.

Hi Josh,

Did you get chance to see my previous response?

I checked in the customer SNMP walk, both the suggested OIDs for VLAN are not present.

Is there something which we should check with customer to know if VLANs are configured and it should report in SNMP walk?

I can share the complete SNMP walk if you could share your email id.

Regards,

Shikha

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card