Views
Helpful
Replies

Vlans for Port-Channel in UCSM

muneeb.ali07
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I have configured a port-channel with two network uplink Ethernet in Fabric Interconnect A. This configuration is replicated on the secondary Fabric Interconnect B. At this point, the uplink Ethernet haven't been physically connected to the other device. 

The problem I faced is that I didn't want any vlans to be configured on the port-channel. However, it showed that some vlans are already configured on the port-channel in the CLI. Result is as below:

interface port-channel2
description U: Uplink
switchport mode trunk
switchport trunk allowed vlan 1,899-904,2000-3000,3333
pinning border
speed 10000

Any advice will help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

That is the default behavior on the UCSM.   All global or local vlans per side, are allowed on all uplinks, unless you configure otherwise.

Its sounds like you may be wanting to configure what is termed a disjoint layer 2 config where not all uplinks carry the same vlans.

Please see https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/collateral/data-center-virtualization/unified-computing/white_paper_c11-692008.html where it shows how to 'prune' the various vlans off of links in vlan manager.

Kirk...

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

That is the default behavior on the UCSM.   All global or local vlans per side, are allowed on all uplinks, unless you configure otherwise.

Its sounds like you may be wanting to configure what is termed a disjoint layer 2 config where not all uplinks carry the same vlans.

Please see https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/collateral/data-center-virtualization/unified-computing/white_paper_c11-692008.html where it shows how to 'prune' the various vlans off of links in vlan manager.

Kirk...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card