cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VM-FEX DVS Didn't Puch to vCenter

thehxman101
Level 1
Level 1

Any reasons why when using the Configure VMware Integration wizard the port profiles/DVS was not created in vCenter?

The plugin is ok and I was following the doc from Cisco:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/vm_fex/vmware/gui/config_guide/GUI_VMware_VM-FEX_UCSM_Configuration_Guide_chapter1.html

Page 33, Applying Port Profiles and Configuration to vCenter Server.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Do you receive any error message on UCS or vcenter ?

Padma

I am thinking it might be a firewall issue as the Interconnects and VC pass a firewall..... I can't find any documents that state what exact ports need to be open, I am thinking 443 and 80......

# tail-mgmt-log svc_sam_extvmmAG

INFO][0xb5a48bb0][Sep 12 10:08:06.171][sam_extvmmAG:SC_Read_v] SC_Read_vsh_data() read: ERROR: [VMWARE-VIM] Operation could not be completed due to connection failure.Timeout. connect failed in tcp_connect()

[INFO][0xb5a48bb0][Sep 12 10:08:06.172][agdriver:CmdExecFinish] VSH-WATCHDOG: Command 'connect' took 160 seconds to complete

[INFO][0xb5a48bb0][Sep 12 10:08:06.172][sam_extvmmAG:SC_Execut] Error Executing command (ret_val=0xfffffe0c, errno=25, parse_error=0x0, callback_called=1)

Hello,

UCSM connects to vcenter on port 80 and currently does not have feature change the port number.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCth13955

Apart from firewall rules, is vcenter listening on port 80 ?

Padma

Ya, port 80 was blocked on the firewall... It works like a charm now....

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card