Views
Helpful
Replies

VmWare Support from Cisco

nomykhan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have purchased VMWare support from Cisco for our UCS servers. I need to check if i need to download any update fro VMware ;how should i do it? do i have to register on the vmware site or its downloadable from Cisco software downloads.

Please let me know

2 Replies 2

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All your software support will come from Cisco TAC.  For software you will still download these from the VMware website. The only note is licensing will be issued from Cisco in the form of a PAC.  This Cisco PAC must be redeemed through the Cisco Licensing Portal which will produce a VMware Activate Key to be redeemed for a product license for VMware's site.

More details on the process here: http://www.vmware.com/support/licensing/oem-help.html

Regards,

Robert

Dear Robert,

thanks for the reply. I am still struggling with VMware and Cisco to find soem information.

When i check the VMware serial numbers on Cisco Service Contract Center it shows me that the support is valid for the vmware.

But how this support renewal will be reflected to the vmware site? When the customer logs in to the VMware portal he see as the subscription expired?

Will this support be reflected to Vmware site  or i always have to go via Cisco and open a TAC case when having problem in VMware? Does Cisco has a team for Vmware support?

By the way i have purchased the following support from Cisco

VMW-VS-ENTP-1A

Also i was reading Wikidoc and found the following,

Based on the support contract you purchased with your VMware software,  you are entitled to a Customer Service Request. VMware will review your  Support Request and respond appropriately based on the severity of your  issue in accordance with their response policy at:

http://www.VMware.com/support/policies/response.html

.  If you have purchased a Cisco support contract for VMware, then you are  entitled to a TAC Service Request. You can open a Service Request via  the

TAC Service Request Tool

Appreciate your feedback.

Nouman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card