cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vNICs Templates With 2.1(1b)

Tom MacDonald
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrading to 2.1(1b) I noticed a new entry when creating your dynamic vNIC's/templates (see attached pic). How is this different from the previous implementation of the firmware?

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's just a cleaner way to separate the Dynamic vNICs from regular vNICs.  Previously they were grouped under the same tree.  This is a cosmetic change only.

Regards,

Robert

View solution in original post

abbharga
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Mike,

With 2.1 we support SRIOV under which the vnic also called physical funtion can now have multiple VF i.e. virtual functions. This dynamic list is the place holder for those VF.

./Abhinav

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's just a cleaner way to separate the Dynamic vNICs from regular vNICs.  Previously they were grouped under the same tree.  This is a cosmetic change only.

Regards,

Robert

abbharga
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Mike,

With 2.1 we support SRIOV under which the vnic also called physical funtion can now have multiple VF i.e. virtual functions. This dynamic list is the place holder for those VF.

./Abhinav

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card