Helpful
Replies

vsan trunk on 6248 uplink interface

subhankar.guha
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I am new to UCS platform,

I want to trunk multiple vsan in FI 6248 on  single interface / portchannel. to upstream 5548 switch. From where to 2 different heterogenous storage.

Request to let me know the possibilities, configurations or any recomendations are available for configuring it.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Subhankar,

You can enable port FC port trunking and  create FC port-channels for FI from UCSM ( under SAN tab > SAN clouod ) .

On N5K, you need enable to fport-channel-trunk feature and create FC port-channels.

Padma

View solution in original post

To add further, once you enable FC trunking, all VSANs are automatically allowed on all FC uplinks. No additional configuration is required.

----- snip from above doc -----------

If you enable trunking on a fabric interconnect, all named VSANs in a Cisco UCS domain are allowed on all Fibre Channel uplink ports on that fabric interconnect.

-------------------------------------

Padma

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Subhankar,

You can enable port FC port trunking and  create FC port-channels for FI from UCSM ( under SAN tab > SAN clouod ) .

On N5K, you need enable to fport-channel-trunk feature and create FC port-channels.

Padma

Thanks for the update.

But does it applicable on certain version. I am using 2.0(2q) for testing first. I am not able to find any such options.

It will be of great help if you can share any related document.

Subhankar

Hello Subhankar,

F port channel and trunking features are available  in UCSM 2.0.2q version.

The configuration option is available under SAN > SAN cloud

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/gui/config/guide/2.0/b_UCSM_GUI_Configuration_Guide_2_0_chapter_0101.html

Padma

But here you can attach only single vsan. Not able to find any option to attach multiple vsan, I mean more than 1 vsan through a single uplink portchannel.

Subhankar

To add further, once you enable FC trunking, all VSANs are automatically allowed on all FC uplinks. No additional configuration is required.

----- snip from above doc -----------

If you enable trunking on a fabric interconnect, all named VSANs in a Cisco UCS domain are allowed on all Fibre Channel uplink ports on that fabric interconnect.

-------------------------------------

Padma

Thanks to both of you

Related to the above,

if vsans are to run over FCOE, then is Trunking on that FCOE protchannel is autoenabled? or is there are other ways?

Subhankar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card