Views
Helpful
Replies

w2008 r2 x64 Palo drivers

dani_bosch
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm experiencing problems with M81kr drivers for windows 2008 r2 x64. I've downloaded last 1.3 driver version available in cisco.com and when trying to install the server,it does recognize the SAN LUNs, but it says it can't be installed there. Version 1.4 doesn't even have a driver for m81kr...only LSI, EMULEX and QLOGIC.

I've checked the HW compatibility matrix, and it says i need m81kr driver 2.0.1.3...whereas in cisco.com there's no such numbering scheme...it is either 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 or 1.4

By the way, i'm running UCSM 1.4 and B-200 M1

Anybody can help me out on this, please?

Thanks a lot,

5 Replies 5

Jeremy Waldrop
Level 4
Level 4

See the attached screen shot, is this the iso you are downloading?

Jeremy, actually I don't see the DRIVERS iso that I see in your screenshot...only the UTILS iso...that is because I was trying to get the drivers in the "apparently" wrong path...check out my screenshot and you'll see...right now I'll try your path and get the DRIVERS iso. But I don't understand how comes that Cisco is building redundant paths to get to the APPARENTLY same point, but inconsistent information.

Thanks Jeremy,

michael.bugeja
Level 1
Level 1

Hi dani

I have had a simuar issue when installing win2k8 r2 x64 on a B230 running 1.4.1m doing a boot from san

do you get the following error message

This Computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu.

The fix was to patch the windows install iso with http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975535

if you would like further information let me know.

Mick.

You should also make sure the LUN ID you are using = 0.

I would also recommend configuring a single path on UCS, and configure the server with no local drives until you get the install to succeed.

1mrobas
Level 1
Level 1

UCS service proifile config for Win2008

- Boot target LUN ID must be 0.

- single HBA thru fabric A (or B)

Drive array config

- make sure that LUN is exposed with ID 0 to the initiator (i.e. your service profile HBA pWWN) if you are expsoing multiple LUNs to the same intiator ( for example if you're using EMC then the Win2008 LUN should be added as first to the storage group).

- make  sure that the LUN is exposed thru the corect storage processor if your drive array is conncted thru two SPs. (A or B depending how you connected your service profile and how you've configured LUN masking). If it's not available via proper SP then use tresspass on drive array for the LUN to achieve that

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card