cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the Hardware and Software required for using Cisco UCS manager 2.0?

c.venugopal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I want to use Cisco UCS Manager 2.0 on Windows Platform. Anyone can clarify me what are the Hardware and Software needed for using UCS Manager.

Is any Cisco Hardware devices is needed for using UCS Manager on windows?

If yes, Please give the Details of Hardware needed.

Thanks,

Venugopal

12 Replies 12

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Venugopal,

System requirements for UCSM client are documented here

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/release/notes/OL_25363.html#wp56441

HTH

Padma

Hi Padma,

Thank you for your reply.Is there any Cisco hardware devices is required for implementing UCS Manager on windows? or any Drivers needed to install?

Can u please clarify these?

Thanks,

Venugopal

Venugopal,

UCSM client does not need seperate hardware device and it can be launched from any PC / laptop.

Check out the Java and OS requirements in the above link.

Padma

Hi Padma,

Thank you. I downloaded ucs-k9-bundle-infra.2.0.1t.A.bin file to install UCSM. But I am unable to open/install this file on Windows.

Is it Correct file to install UCSM on windows?If yes, how to install UCSM on windows?

If no, can u provide me the correct file to install UCSM on windows platform.

Thanks,

Venugopal

Hello Venugopal,

Do you  have Fabric Interconnect installed in your setup ? If yes, access the device via web browser using the cluster / virtual IP address and click " Launch  UCSM Manager " link to start the UCSM client on your PC.

If not, the above file is for installation on Fabric Interconnect device only and we need to start with initial installation of UCSM on Fabric Interconnect.

UCS docs

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10265/index.html

Padma

Hi Padma,

Thank you for your clarification. Actually I dont have Fabric Interconnect device.

i think UCSM installation is possible on Fabric Interconnect device only. Is there any other way to impement UCSM on windows? If yes, Please provide me the guidance.

Thanks,

venugopal

Venugopal,

UCS Platform Emulator will be helpful in this scenario to get a good overview of UCSM functionality.

http://developer.cisco.com/web/unifiedcomputing/ucsemulatordownload

You can install VMware player on your Windows machine and deploy UCSPE as a virtual machine.

HTH

Padma

Hi Padma,

I downloaded and deploy the Virtual machine. I power on the virtual machine also. Now where can I install UCSM ? How this Platform Emulator will help me? Without using any Cisco Hardware(Fabric Interconnect) device is it possible to install UCSM on windows?

Thanks,

Venugopal

Venugopal,

It is an emulator that helps to demonstrate features and functionality of UCSM.

User guide is available here

http://developer.cisco.com/web/unifiedcomputing/home

We cannot perform installation of software within the emulator.

UCSM can only be installed on Fabric Interconnect hardware device.

HTH

Padma

Hi Padma,

Thank you for giving the clarification. Now I clarified everything.

Thanks,

Venugopal

" UCSM can only be installed on Fabric Interconnect hardware device. "

Hi, Padma,

does this limitation still exist ?

Albert,

This " limitation " still exist!  UCSM is for B series servers, if by any chance you are trying to know if UCSM can only be used in C series servers, I need to say that C series servers have their own software and it is called CIMC.

In the other hand, C series servers can still be integrated with UCSM and their corresponding fabrics.

Look for "C series integration" and you will find how to use C series servers with UCSM but definitely there is no way to just have your C series running UCSM without Fabric Interconnects.

-Kenny

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: