cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Zero priced components missing!!!

birukgetachew
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys, I have recently purchased a Cisco 5596 Nexus switches,  6248UP fiber interconnect and Cisco UCS chassis including the Blade servers  for Cisco UCS implementation. When I placed the order to buy the  equipments, I have included these zero priced equipments in the request

1.   UCS-FI-DL2, UCS 6248 layer 2 daughter card

2.   UCS 5108 blade server chassis FW package N20-FW010. But when the equipments are delivered, I couldn't find these cards. I have tried to understand their importance but I couldn't find it listed anywhere. Plus I would really appreciate if any one tells me why I couldn't find these equipments in my package.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mwronkow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Biruk,

The UCS-FI-DL2 card is installed by default in the 6248.  This card is the mainboard controller which can be identified by  physical mgmt0, L1/L2, console ports on the PSU side of the system.

N20-FW010 is UCS firmware which can be downloaded from Cisco.com.  I'm not sure why they include it as a line item in the order.

Matthew

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

mwronkow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Biruk,

The UCS-FI-DL2 card is installed by default in the 6248.  This card is the mainboard controller which can be identified by  physical mgmt0, L1/L2, console ports on the PSU side of the system.

N20-FW010 is UCS firmware which can be downloaded from Cisco.com.  I'm not sure why they include it as a line item in the order.

Matthew

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card