cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Zero priced components missing!!!

birukgetachew
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys, I have recently purchased a Cisco 5596 Nexus switches,  6248UP fiber interconnect and Cisco UCS chassis including the Blade servers  for Cisco UCS implementation. When I placed the order to buy the  equipments, I have included these zero priced equipments in the request

1.   UCS-FI-DL2, UCS 6248 layer 2 daughter card

2.   UCS 5108 blade server chassis FW package N20-FW010. But when the equipments are delivered, I couldn't find these cards. I have tried to understand their importance but I couldn't find it listed anywhere. Plus I would really appreciate if any one tells me why I couldn't find these equipments in my package.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mwronkow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Biruk,

The UCS-FI-DL2 card is installed by default in the 6248.  This card is the mainboard controller which can be identified by  physical mgmt0, L1/L2, console ports on the PSU side of the system.

N20-FW010 is UCS firmware which can be downloaded from Cisco.com.  I'm not sure why they include it as a line item in the order.

Matthew

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

mwronkow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Biruk,

The UCS-FI-DL2 card is installed by default in the 6248.  This card is the mainboard controller which can be identified by  physical mgmt0, L1/L2, console ports on the PSU side of the system.

N20-FW010 is UCS firmware which can be downloaded from Cisco.com.  I'm not sure why they include it as a line item in the order.

Matthew

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card