I'm trying to setup a mechanism to control/interact with the mobile router (IR809G and/or IR829G) based on tcl scripting.
I found some information about this kind of operation(s) used in the past for other Cisco routers on the internet:
I tried to apply it on my mobile router, but it is not working correctly, so I took the time to troubleshoot why ...
The tcl script (event manager policy) is not triggered because the syslog message appears only in the console logging and not in de syslog events (sh logging)
When I trigger the tcl script with another syslog event, it is triggered correctly.
The problem is that I need the tcl script to be triggered on the line below, because it is the only message that contains the interface, interface number and SMS message index.
IR800# Cellular0: New SMS received on index 0 . Please issue a view command to see it
The logging levels are set to debugging but the message is not logged in the syslog logging:
IR800#sh logging Syslog logging: enabled (0 messages dropped, 3 messages rate-limited, 0 flushes, 0 overruns, xml disabled, filtering disabled)
No Active Message Discriminator.
No Inactive Message Discriminator.
Console logging: level debugging, 6104 messages logged, xml disabled, filtering disabled Monitor logging: level debugging, 0 messages logged, xml disabled, filtering disabled Buffer logging: level debugging, 6107 messages logged, xml disabled, filtering disabled Exception Logging: size (8192 bytes) Count and timestamp logging messages: disabled Persistent logging: disabled
No active filter modules.
Trap logging: level informational, 132 message lines logged Logging to 10.1.111.216 (udp port 514, audit disabled, link up), 131 message lines logged, 0 message lines rate-limited, 0 message lines dropped-by-MD, xml disabled, sequence number disabled filtering disabled Logging Source-Interface: VRF Name:
Log Buffer (8192 bytes):
Jan 12 19:14:53: %CELLWAN-2-SMS_ARCH_PATH_UNCONFIGURED: Cellular0 failed to archive SMS because 'gsm|cdma|lte sms archive path' under cellular controller is not configured. Jan 12 19:14:54.038: sms_delete_by_id, msg_id = 0 message_index = 0 Jan 12 19:14:54.228: %HA_EM-6-LOG: commandoversms6.tcl: Successfully deleted SMS message 0 from SIM
Note that all other operations like sending and receiving SMS'es is working fine. It is just a question of getting the TCL scripts triggered by the message that contains the required information for the script to run and execute.
Below you can find some information about my device and IOS.
Device type: IR809G-LTE-GA-K9
IOS version: Cisco IOS Software, ir800 Software (ir800-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.6(3)M0a, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
Thanks for helping me out.
... View more