cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Gaming, VR and AR within VNI Forecast

ken.ko
Level 1
Level 1

Hi - My question has to do with how you define VR and AR with regard to gaming or video in the forecast. In the highlights this year, you note that VR and AR traffic will grow 20-fold from 2016 to 2021 so this distinction is rapidly becoming important.

Do you group VR and AR traffic with gaming traffic or with video traffic in your breakdowns by sub-segment? Or, do they break down different ways - for example, VR as a sub-category of video and AR as a sub-category of gaming?

Thanks in advance! I've made use of the VNI forecast data for years and have found it very helpful.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

asumits
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ken, our VR/AR forecast cuts across our gaming and video categories. We do not have a split of VR/AR into gaming and video, but would expect that in the near-term the majority is gaming and by 2021 video starts to figre more prominently (ballpark around a third of VR/AR). I hope that guidance helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

asumits
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ken, our VR/AR forecast cuts across our gaming and video categories. We do not have a split of VR/AR into gaming and video, but would expect that in the near-term the majority is gaming and by 2021 video starts to figre more prominently (ballpark around a third of VR/AR). I hope that guidance helps.

Arielle, thanks. Can you provide any absolute traffic volumes for the VR/AR forecast? For example, by 2021 how many PB per month can we expect?

Hi Ken,

Please find the AR and VR Traffic volumes in EB below.

Hope this helps.

Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 1.20.38 PM.png