Views
Helpful
Replies

Forwarding calls to external number

Aaroncorcoran1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

This is trivial enough but I am using a spa504g voip phone and I'm just wondering what the correct format for forwarding calls to an external number. Number is for example i.e 845 555 1234.

What would I enter into phone to call this. Tried using 9 & 8 before. USA to USA call forwarding. 

2 Replies 2

lpersing
Level 1
Level 1

If you are using an E164 dial plan you'll want to use a 1, so whatever your access code is, 1 then the number. So for example 9184555512234.

If you forward calls to an external party, make sure you send the calling party number from the DID range you subscribed with your ISP. if not, isp will drop the call for billing suppose. Common call drop scenario which we seen is when some one call from outside  to your desk phone and its diverted to an external number.

"What would I enter into phone to call this. Tried using 9 & 8 before." you must check with your system admin the access code which you use for outside call. The access code must be the first digit and then your long distance code or country dial code. As @lpersing  mentioned try 1 before and i am not familiar with the US dial plan.

Response Signature