cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA112 Setup help

Jisnewtothis
Level 1
Level 1

I just received my SPA112 and am having some difficulties with the set up. I found my IP/DHCP address and put it into the browser. It does not redirect me to the Cisco Page. I have a Motorola Surfboard modem and a Orbi router. It either directs me to the Orbi login or Arris login. I don’t have an Arris login but if I get into the Orbi login nothing happens. How can I get to the Cisco login to enter the admin/admin password?

5 Replies 5

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I found my IP/DHCP address and put it into the browser.

Who's "my" here ?

You need to identify IP address of SPA112. This IP address needs to be entered into browser. It should display SPA112 login page. If not, you are facing network issue or the SPA112 in question is so called RC unit. Whats the VID-PID printed on SPA112 ?

By the way, you are asking in wrong community. I assume a moderator will move it to the proper one.

Hello, 

Not sure what you’re asking with the “my” thing. It’s me the person posting, so my home internet connection and the IP that pulls up when I go to my command prompt and type in ipconfig/all. Not sure how else to answer that sorry. I’m typing this all on mobile and am out of my element here, but the PID/VID shows as SPA112 V05. As mentioned, I put in the IP address into my browser and it doesn’t redirect to Cisco login but to either router or I’m guessing modem login but modem brand doesn’t seem to match up. 

Not sure what you’re asking with the “my” thing. It’s me the person posting

;-) You said "I found my IP/DHCP address". But you, personally, have no IP address, I assume. I'm unsure who's my here. It should be SPA112 address, not the address of your PC, router, modem, or so. Based on the wording you used I assume you are not skilled network administrator (no offense) so I'm asking for details to avoid further confusions. 

OK, step by step. You need to have:

1. PC physically connected to the same LAN as the SPA112 is. I don't know your overall network topology, so I can't advise in details.
  2. PC need to be configure into same IP network a SPA112 is. It mean the network mask needs to be same and IP address needs to be from same address block. I know neither IP/mask of SPA112 nor PC so I can't decide you have configured it correctly or not. Of course, IP addresses needs to be unique - no IP address can be used on two devices. As I know no overall topology and IP addresses used by your other devices (like router and modem) I can't judge it's correct.
  3. Now you can enter IP address of  SPA112 to browser. It will show SPA112 login page. If you connected SPA112 and PC to the same physical network and verified the IP configurations are correct, no other device can step-in and show it's page instead. If it is happening, you failed to complete one of previous step correctly (physical connection and IP configuration). Ask your local network guru for help or disclose your network topology and IP addressing plan here.

Glad to hear the PID-VID is SPA112 V05. It mean you have no RC unit.

Update:

So first Arris is the login for my Motorola modem, but it ended up being unimportant to the issue. I needed the router login. From there I could go to my attached devices and find the SPA112 IP address, which was slightly different than the router one. So I was redirected to the login page for Cisco. I hope I completed step 6 .properly, but am not sure. I went to Network Setup and it said automatic configuration- DHCP. I left as is and hit submit. I have Xfinity for internet provider but that is about all I know for this step

Sorry, I missed this update. OK, it seems you can reach SPA112 configuration now, so forget my previous 3-steps recipe.You mentioned no other issue, so it seems you solved all your troubles by self. Am I correct ?