Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

alcatel PBX 4400 and digital phone 4035

Is possible to have a remote Alcatel digital phone 4035 and a local PBX Alcatel 4400 connected by a WAN LINK with Cisco router and T-CCS signaling?

regards

gianrico fichera

itesys srl

4 Replies 4

ahbanks
Level 1
Level 1

This is a 4035, not a 4037?

The 4035 is a digtal set, and will need dedicated copper. As I understand it, the voltage is somewhat high on the UA cards, and the signaling is not PRI/T1/64/56/etc , so tunneling through T1 interfaces would not work.

The 4037 is an IP set (4035 with an IP wedge), and will work from a remote site, given the phone and 4400 are configured correctly.

Have you tried assigning a static IP address to the phone? (menu-# while booting)

Has the 4400 lost its IP routes? Make sure, because I have seen 4400s loose their IP routes, specifically the default route, and it must be removed and re-added to work.

Tunneling is possible to other 4400

ok,

thankyou for your answer. I have a customer with an Alcatel 4400 and 60 digital phone 4035.This customer would like to open a remote office and move 10 phones 4035. Unfortunately this phone are hightly integrated with Alcatel 4400 infact 4035 use Alcatel 4400 software for operator logging. So, I can't suggest Cisco IP phones ... I thought something about tunnelling Alcatel signaling but If I understand you this is impossible for the voltage and the dedicated copper. So I'm thinking that is impossible integrate this phones to Cisco network

thankyou very much

gianrico fichera

Cisco CCNP

The only options they have is to purchase the IP wedges and Ethernet adapter for the 4400 (it requires another card in addition to the CPU adapter) or to add a remote cabinet, like a VoiceHub.

It may be possible to connect CME (Call Manager Express) to the 4400 via h323, and run Cisco IP Phones from CME.

Granted, all of this depends on licencing on the 4400, be careful with configuring features like IP trunks and IP Phones until you are sure of the licence numbers.

You can view the licencing information in OPX by logging into the 4400 as "swinst", choose #2 "expert menu", 5 "OPS Config", 5 "OPS Admin", and 2 "Display Active File".

Thankyou very much for your support