Views
Helpful
Replies

AS5300 is reloading instantly on "pri-group timeslots 1-31" settings

netopvoxx
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

On AS5300 when any of the 4 E1 ports is connected and the "pri-group timeslots" are enabled the gateway instantly reloads, I can't see any error message. I have tried the following tests on my Cisco AS5300

1. software loopback on the ports - it does not restart (on     "pri-group timeslot" setting).
2. tried to disconnect one port from a functional gateway ( Cisco AS 5300, with same configuration)     and connect it to a port of new Cisco - it restarts (on "pri group     timeslot" setting)
3. with all cables disconnected and "pri-group timeslot" setting it     is working without restart, after the cable is plugged in, it     restarts
4. hardware         loopback on any of the ports and "pri-group timeslots" - it         restarts
Power off , plug out the module         boards (E1 and DSP boards), plug in the boards and power on -         doesn't help it keeps to restart on the "pri group timeslot"         setting

What could cause this issue?

Thank You,

Szabolcs Szasz

1 Reply 1

What is the IOS version of your AS5300?

In "show ver" information, what is the reboot cause? Is it a crash?

Probably the command "pri group timeslot" creates an unexpected condition that causes the crash.

In my experience an IOS upgrade solves this issues.