cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AS5350 universal port card DSP use

jbichard
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all , I am a little confused about the specs. The AS5350 will allow 210 concurrent calls - but there is a max of 108 DSP´s. In what situations would a call not use the DSP´s ? Would an IP to IP call use a DSP ?

4 Replies 4

Chester Rieman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

An IP to IP call would not use a DSP since it would just be routed IP traffic. Each DSP can do 2 calls at once, that is whay the numbers are this way.

"Each DSP can do 2 calls at once, that is whay the numbers are this way."

Thank you Chester , that information is hard to come by. I didnt find any such information at all during my searches ! Only that the AS5350 has a max of 108 ports . Have also found no command in the AS5350 itself that gives any indication that each DSP port handles more than one call.

Regards

JB

Try show spe, this will show the DSPs and active calls.

Thanks Chester , I now understand the architecture after reading the online document "Understanding NextPort SPE Versions" .My NP-108 card has 18 SPE´s , each holding 3 DSP´s. One DSP can handle two calls. Total = 108 ports. My 3 slot AS5350 will not be able to transcode all TDM-VoIP calls with 2 4xE1 cards + 1 NP-108 universal port card. I would have to use a 7xE1 card + 2 NP-108 universal port cards to cover the use of the 210 TDM timeslots.

Thanks and best Regards

JB