cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

as5400 pri to sip calling name

mike-singleton
Level 1
Level 1

I am using as5400 as sip to pstn gateway.

Whwn pstn calls sip calling name is not always provided to sip phone. Debugging pri q931 message always contain name. Debugging ccsip message does not always have cname in messages.

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please send the complete Q931 trace. Calling name can be arriving in a subsequent message and that requires a "buffering" SIP config on the router.

I have set buffering. I tried various timers.

Presently set at 50 msec.

Which ones ? I'm talking about SIP timers.

Take a debug isdn q931 with timestamp msec and you will see what I mean.

sip-ua invite-buffer set to 50 msec.

I have attached a txt file with Q931 messages.

Message 1 did not display name on phone, message 2 displayed name on phone.

Hi,

you may want to increase buffer time a little, 50ms is the minimum configurable.

See the first message has name delivered in 46 ms, the 2nd one in 15.

Hi,

Thank you for your help. I have tried various

timers for the sip invite buffer. The only difference is a longer delay in the sip phone's first ring. If the cname is going to be displayed the phone will ring immed. If no cname display there is a delayed first ring.

The delay increases as the buffer timer is increased. I have attached a ccsip debug, with two phone calls. The first did not display the name, the second one did disply name.

Hi, in my experience the buffer-invite is all what is required. You may want to upgrade IOS to latest maintenance in case any bug is preventing the name to work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: