cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA 187 doesn't send the star key to the CUCM

f-genovese
Level 1
Level 1

Our customer has a CUCM 7.1.5 and he has the need to dial short numbers beginning with "*" ( i.e. *XXX or *115 ...) from an analog phone connected to the ATA.

With ATA 186 everything worked fine with these audio parameter on ATA 186 (SCCP): Audio Mode 0x00350035 and Connect Mode 0x92000400.

Now the customer is compelled to buy the ATA 187 but he doesn't succeed in dialing numbers beginning with the star  ( * ) key. It seems the star key is not sent to the CUCM by the ATA 187.

Did anyone experience problems with the star key in ATA 187?

Waht parameter could we modify? And in which way?

6 Replies 6

f-genovese
Level 1
Level 1

The combinations *X, with X=[1,9] are reserved for speed dials, but does anyone know if we can disable this speed dial feature?

Hi, have you got this issue solved? As i facing the same issue here. Appreciated if you could let me know the solutions. Thanks.

Jehad.fadda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there;

i was wonddering if you got the ATA 187 to work? if so, do you think it is possible to send me one of your ATA(MAC address).cnf.xml files off your TFTP server? feel free to remove all of your network details from the file and replace them with an adjective.

i would really appreciate your help

thanks

Hi, the star key problem is not solved yet, 'cause the "*" is used to program the ATA187.

I can tell you the ATA187 works quite good with faxes and analog calls using the last firmware version.

The tricks are (under ATA device in cucm config):

1) 600 real ohm impedance

2) fax-passthrough and 14400 Kbit/s max rate (for faxes)

Make me know if this solves your problems.

Regards,

Federico. 

Rishi Sethi
Level 1
Level 1
on an ATA187 combination such as *1 through *9 are for speed dials. So as a workaround,  to configure the desired number (e.g.: *115) as a speed dial or create a translation pattern on CUCM to translate 115 to *115.

Hi Rishi,

almost all the IP Phone Cisco 79XX or 69XX use the rule *XXX, so the exception you proposed (it should be only for analog phones connected to ata187) is not allowed by the customer.

Regards,

Federico.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: