cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Attempt Transfer to a DN CUCM

Hi Guys;

I manage a Cisco Unified CM Administrator 9.1 with Cisco Unity Connection Administrator 9.1, we have several auto attendants working correctly. Recently we add a new dial with new Directory Number range, to dial to the new dn internally we need to dial *4XXXX, my question is: how can I contact that dn from the auto attendant? 

they are duplicate dn at 4 digits ext, so if I want to call from the auto attendant *42020 that doesn't work, but if I dial 2020 that work but transfer to the wrong person.

I cannot create another auto attendant I need to modify the existing one to make calls to the new way to dial that is *4XXXX.

Hope I explain well my situation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Beginner

Re: Attempt Transfer to a DN CUCM

Hi gmgarrian, this was solved. it was added at restriction tables a pattern to dial numbers beginning with "*"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Hello Adrian,

I'm no Unity expert but this has been sitting here too long with no replies.  I'll give it a shot.

Can you give some details on the precise steps for calling *42020 from the Auto Attendant?

Are you waiting for the prompt that says "if you know your partie's extension please dial it now" or "press 1 to dial by extension?"  

Does it fail right when you press the fist digit * ?

Check the digit input settings for the AA call handler and make sure that * isn't set to route the call somewhere else or another menu.  I'm not sure if Unity will accept * as a valid digit to dial an extension.

My suspicion is that the * is what's causing the issue but I'm not sure of the best way to verify that.

Highlighted
Beginner

Hi gmgarrian, this was solved. it was added at restriction tables a pattern to dial numbers beginning with "*"

View solution in original post

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad

Cisco COVID-19 Survey

This widget could not be displayed.