Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bank Holidays in Time Of The Day

Hi,

I got a TOD setup to divert calls from DN 8170300 to internal reception during out of office hours and external reception during Office Hours.

Thursday-Friday-Monday will be easter and bank hols. the calls should go then to internal reception.

I can't get my way around it.

Anyone got that setup already ? :-)

i m on CUCM 7.1.5

thanks                  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I test the setup in my lab and it is working, you need to configure the following:

1- create 3 partitions: workinghours, nonworkinghours, and holidays

2- create 3 time period: workinghours, nonworkinghours, and holidays

3- create 3 time schedules: workinghours, nonworkinghours and holidays.

4- associate the each partition with its time schedule.

5. create calling searchspace contains the following partitions in ordere:

Holidays

workinghours

nonworkinghours

6. create your 3 translation patterns for the 3 partitions.

HTH

Anas

please don't forget to rate the helpful posts

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

Do you transfer the out of office hours to reception. if yes transfer all calls to reception.

HTH

Anas

please rate if it is helpful

Hi,

we only transfer one DN to reception during out of office hours. During office hours that DN goes to a 3rd party reception.

It does work ok but not during the bank hols, I need to manually divert the DN to the reception as It goes to 3rd party

thanks

Found the issue

so to use the TOD you need:

- 2 partitions. One for the office hours and one for the out of office hours.

- 2 translation pattern. One for the office hours translating to the internal number and one for the out of office hours translating for the external number

then add these 2 partitions in your Calling search space. Job done!

now this will only work if you dont overlap between these 2 Time period. for example, on the 25th december which can be on tuesday. the TOD will see it as office hours and not as a bank hols.

to go around that, i created a new TOD with a new a new time period and time scheduler. created every bank hols i wanted. then create a new partition and TP for the bank hols and added in the CSS making sure it s above my 2 other partitions.

i might write a better step by step or i might not but i m sure this will point you to the right direction

all the best Louis

anyone knows how to close that discussion. i cant find the answer button ? thanks

Hi,

you can create 2 partions, one for working hours, the other for non working hours. (also you need 2 Translation patterns as you mention above).

create your time schedules for working and non working hours,

in the time period you define the normal working and non working hours  (Mon-Fri) (9:00-17:00)

for the holidays like christmass or independance day, kindly add them like the following time period and assign them to non-working hours schedule

for partition selection in the CSS, let the non-working hours partition before the working hours partion. Since the selection of partitions in CSS is top down, it will match christmass as non working hours first (in case it is Tuesday).

HTH

Anas

Hi

have you tried that?

i did and it didnt work.

adding xmas in the non-working hours didnt do anything. it would only worked if i would remove the time for the normal out of office hours. the work around it i had to create a 3rd partition for bank hols only

sorry

Hi,

I test the setup in my lab and it is working, you need to configure the following:

1- create 3 partitions: workinghours, nonworkinghours, and holidays

2- create 3 time period: workinghours, nonworkinghours, and holidays

3- create 3 time schedules: workinghours, nonworkinghours and holidays.

4- associate the each partition with its time schedule.

5. create calling searchspace contains the following partitions in ordere:

Holidays

workinghours

nonworkinghours

6. create your 3 translation patterns for the 3 partitions.

HTH

Anas

Anas, this is what i wrote earlier. you need 3 partitions to make it working. your explanation is much clearer than mine :-)

i tried to mark my answer as correct answer but cant see where... now if you want to take the credit for it be my guest

thanks

Thanks a lot for the rating and the correct answer

more than welcome

Anas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: