Views
Helpful
Replies

Call from PC application

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

We have a new Cisco Callmanager 7.0 installation here with around 300 phones. Most of those phones are personal and are sitting between a client pc. The clients are based on Windows XP and newer.

Our integrator offered us a small tool which allows us to select a number, in any application, with the mouse, press a keyboard shortcut and the hardware phone will start to dial it. The problem is that this application is waaaaay to expensive.

Are there any freeware utilities, or not so expensive ones on the market?

I couldn't find anything on google, but I also don't really know the correct english term for this.

That's actually all the features that application needs to offer, pass the number to the persons assigned phone

Thanks for help

Patrick

10 Replies 10

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

There's a free 'Click2Call' Widget available from Cisco...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6882/ps9156/at_a_glance_c45-487474.pdf

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Second to Aaron on that one.  Click2Call is free and it works well.  You will need to setup a few application dial rules but nothing too complicated.

Hailey

Please rate helfpul posts!

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This Click2Call looks quite nice

It does have one limitation which is a no-go for us, it only works from MS Office and some browsers. We'd need one which would work from every application.

Do you know any alternatives?

Thanks,

Patrick

Hi

Well - it has plugins for certain apps, but it runs as a little system tray icon.

For apps not listed as specifically compatible you can right click on any number, hit 'copy' then double-click the tray icon to launch a call.

Maybe download it and try it; it's free, so nothing to lose.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Ah I see, that might be good enough for our users.

I have to check this out tomorrow as the people administrating the cucm have already left and they need to enable the needed services on the cucm.

Will post back with results.

It's generally pretty good for most applications. The plug-ins work for specific apps as Aaron said and then the copy/paste functionality is an embedded Web Dialer feature.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Checked it out now. It seems to have some problems here. Outlook 2007 doesn't offer me the Additional Actions menu, nor does Firefox (installed it just for those two).

Copy the number and paste it into the application is working.

But after checking back with the team, that is not good enough

We need one that works from every application with some keybutton press, like ctrl+f11 (customizable would be the best).

Do you know of any other product?

thanks,
Patrick

Unfortunately, the 2 free Cisco options are Click2Call widget and Web Dialer.  I don't know of any other free utilities.

What is the name of the application that your integrator suggested?  It may easier to see if there is an alternative if there is a product to compare against.  I do not know of any other utilities off-hand that are going to meet all of your requirements.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Ah to bad. The software we use isn't advertised online, thus it won't help if I name it here.

I guess we have to live with that software

Thanks

Patrick

Try Cisco TAPI for TAPI-awared applikation an HotKeyWebDialer for "Cut'n Paste" function
http://www.myvoipsource.org/open-source-tools/

Greets,

Norbert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: