Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 4.1.3 and MGCP Gateway

etmarcof
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have CCM 4.1.3 and cisco 3825 12.3(11)T7 MGCP gateway. This gateway is connected to PSTN (E1 )and connected to PBX (Qsig).

Sometimes calls made from pbx phones to pstn or to ipphones don't have audio.

In ccm gateway port config , i have choosed a-law, but when in gateway i execute sh voice call status i saw G711ulaw.

Where in mgcp gateway i change codec G711ulaw to G711alaw?

If one ip phone calls another ip phone i can see also G711 ulaw its possible to change to alaw in CCM?

Could bind mgcp help to solve this problem?

Regards,

4 Replies 4

milay
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you have more than network interface in the router then the MGCP bind commands may help you.

Mike

aman_chugh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Since this is an Mgcp gateway the codec selection is decided by CM through device pool -- region ,so unlike H.323 you cant use a voice class and codec prefferrence with Mgcp.Bind command will help you to resolve issues like no audio or one way audio.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios123/123cgcr/vvfax_c/callc_c/xgcp_c/mgcpcht7.htm

rmcconnell
Level 1
Level 1

Codec selection in CCM is derived from the device pools assigned to the gateway.

You may also be using Transcoder to convert from one codec to another at the gateway (e.g. G.711 to PCM). It may be that you have used all available DSPs. Try show DSPfarm all

Rob

runariversen
Level 1
Level 1

hi, have you checked that you have the right qsig defined on the pbx and your gw ? It could be that you have a time slot mismatch, or not enough dsp available(as mentioned).

Debug isdn q931 should give a message something like " no resource available...resource unailable". when there is a error.

br

Runar