cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7961 SIP connection to RingCentral

kpfconsulting
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I am new to the support community and hope to find some helpo with configuring my 7961 phones with Ring Central.  The Cisco TAC already assisted me with changing the software image to SIP from Skinny so I am good there.  I just need some assistance with the XML configuration files in order to get the phone connected.  I have all the port and ip information to the SIP server for my provider and the user ID and password.  It all looks simple but the configuration downloads to the phone and then the phone keeps saying Unprovisioned and never connects.

Could someone please provide some direction.  I work with RingCentral alot and am running in to these phones.

Thank you

Chuck Fuscone

IT Consultant

630-975-1200

4 Replies 4

mattifh20
Level 1
Level 1

Chuck,

I am on the same boat as you are with exact same phone. I was wondering if you had any luck making this phone working with Ring Central?!

Hi Matthew, I have recently found a local company that is using these phones with Ring Central successfully.  I have spoken with him and got the firmware version that he uses and how they configure it.

If you send me an E-mail with your E-mail address, I will send you the info.  I also will be testing this in the next few weeks to see if I could get it to work my self.

Are you a Ring Central Partner?

Chuck

I know this thread is old, but I just ran into this problem also and was wondering if you ever got the 7961's to work correctly with RingCentral.

J.J.

any luck on this?  i have a cisco 8821 and i am having the same difficulties entering the SIP detail from ring central to the phone or gain access to Cisco's proprietary software.  i purchased the phone from amazon.