Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBE and Calling Match

cbrasolin
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All,

i've to handle a situation where a cube is used for interconnect the customer voip network with a sip provider. The customer have about 200 PSTN numbers, for the outbout calls (customer to PSTN) the cube must route only those calls that come with a correct calling party number. Any calls that come from the customer voip network with a wrong calling party number must be blocked.

The only way i see for do that is to configure 200 inboud dial-peer for matching all the customer PSTN numbers and another dial-peer for matching any other number and block the call. I'm wondering if there is another way to do this avoiding the needs to configure so many dial-peer.

Thanks,

Christian

4 Replies 4

Maxim Denisov
Level 3
Level 3

You can ask your customer to append some prefix for these calls and match them in a single dial-peer.

The other solution is a tcl application which can authorize each call on RADIUS, or use call settlement.

Hi Maxim,

i must accept only corrected calls from customer for a billing requirement of the sip provider, the customer can not set by himself the calling party number. I must be sure that only those 200 numbers can pass through the cube.

I guess i've to work with copy and paste.

In design point of view the the SIP server should enforce correct ANI and set screening inicator.

It is not recommended to configure a lot of dial peers because it consumes memory and causes performance degradation increasing PDD.

I recommend you using TCL application or call settlement.

I agree with you about the SIP server but for reasons i do not know they ask us to check the ANI on the cube.

I found here an interesting formula about the maxum number of dial-peer configurable:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-3206

So 200 dial-peer should not be a problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: