cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cutover problem

chevymannie
Level 1
Level 1

I'm relatively new to VoIP so any help would be appreciate. We have a customer who has call manager express and we attempted to cut them over to full blown call manager with the rest of their sites. They have a 2811 with a VIC2-4FXO port. We attempted to configure it in call manager as an mgcp gateway. We got everything in call manager configured and attempted to make inboud and outbound calls. On inbound calls none of the phones would ring, but we could hear a ring on the cellphone we were calling on. Outbound calls got a fast busy. We could see the router trying all four lines and then returning a busy signal. An Engineer I talked to suggested that the router wasn't getting a dialtone and that I should test the lines with an analog line. Even though the lines were working fine with the CME installation, we tried an analog phone and got a dialtone. We did discover that we had to dial 9 in order to make local calls on the analog phone. We ended up rolling back to the CME configuration that was previously in place. Does anyone have any ideas of what we need to look at when we attempt the cutover again or have an example config I can look at? Any help would be appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Maulik Shah
Level 5
Level 5

I would suggest you look at MGCP configuration for FXO ports:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008017825e.shtml

For inbound calls, make sure you added an extension for "attendant dn" and make sure the calling search space on the port can reach that extension's partition

For outbound calls, make sure on the CCM route pattern - you do not discard the 9 - that is what you are doing most likely by default

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: