cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial-peer matching issue

martin.kohout
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have 5 dial-peers with the same destination-pattern .T The only difference is preference option for VoIP dial-peer (0) compared to the others - POTS(2).

#sh dial-peer voice summary

dial-peer hunt 0

AD                                    PRE PASS                OUT

TAG    TYPE  MIN  OPER PREFIX    DEST-PATTERN      FER THRU SESS-TARGET    STAT PORT

100    voip  up   up             .T                 0  syst sip-server

10     pots  up   up             .T                 2                      up   0/1/0

11     pots  up   up             .T                 2                      up   0/1/1

30     pots  up   up             .T                 2                      up   0/3/0

31     pots  up   up             .T                 2                      up   0/3/1

I would expect that all calls match the VoIP dial-peer as outbound. Also #sh dialplan number always shows me it in that way.

#sh dialplan number 31313131313 timeout
Macro Exp.: 31313131313

VoiceOverIpPeer100

(shortened..)

I thought there was a rule disabling to have inbound/outbound dial-peer same but even extended #sh dialplan dialpeer xxx number yyy timeout didn't prove the theory

#sh dialplan dialpeer 100 number 31313131313 timeout

Macro Exp.: 31313131313

VoiceOverIpPeer100

(shortened..)

Despite all I can see calls matching outbound POTS dial-peer:

#sh voice call status
CallID     CID  ccVdb      Port             DSP/Ch  Called #   Codec    Dial-peers
0xB757     666  0x480F152C 0/1/0.1          0/1:1  *1313131313 None      100/10

Can you please tell me why POTS is matched?

Thank you very much.

Martin

2 Replies 2

Hi. For every calls there are always two call legs: an inbound call leg and an outbound call leg.

Every call leg uses a dial-peer.

You can find more details here:

Understanding Dial Peers and Call Legs on Cisco IOS Platforms

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a008010ae1c.shtml

Understanding Inbound and Outbound Dial Peers Matching on IOS Platforms

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a008010fed1.shtml

In your example you have an incoming voip call that uses the dial-peer 100 as incoming dp. So the dial-peer 100 cannot be used as an outgoing dp.

You must configure an incoming dp like this:

dial-peer voice 200 voip

description INCOMING_CALLS_from_VoIP_NET

incoming called-number .

modem passthrough nse codec g711alaw

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

codec g711alaw

fax rate disable

fax protocol pass-through g711alaw

no vad

No session target is necessary for incoming dp.

If you want establish a ip to ip call, evaluate the use of allow-connections command.

Regards.

Hi Daniele,

thank you for your response. The allow-connection sip to sip command fixed my issue.

I also found (thanks to debug voip ccapi inout & signaling analyzer) that one dp can stand for both incoming dp & outgoing dp = no additional dp 200 is needed.

Regards,

Martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: