Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DX 650 collaboration phone - video conferencing

Hi All,

We have purchased and setup DX 650 collaboration phones, video is working a treat however when you try and conference in a another video call it fails.

Does this phone offer ad-hoc video conferencing as a feature? If so how is it configured. I couldnt find any info in the Administration guide..   

4 Replies 4

kdotten36
Level 3
Level 3

Did you get this resolved?  I just discovered the same issue in my environment.

CUCM 9.1(2)

DX650 can exchange video with another DX650, c40 codecs and Jabber, but if a third party is added, conference reverts to audio only.

Hi there,

We have it working, this was quite a long time ago, I cannot remember what exactly we did.

There is a video calling feature under the device configuration of the DX650, make sure this is enabled.

Also try upgrading the firmware if the above fails, we found newer more stable releases a few years back, just note the the display settings are different between firmware releases.

Thanks.  All devices are video-enabled.  They can participate in a conference call with video when it's hosted by one of our telepresence codecs, but not with each other.  I found two service parameters referenced in documentation - Advanced Ad Hoc Conference Enabled (True) and Choose Encrypted Audio Conference instead of Video Conference (False) but changing them didn't help.

I know this is an old thread, but do you recall if you had to add a conference bridge resource specific to video capabilities or not?  I can take it up with TAC from here.

Hi there,

Under Service paramters > Call Manager services > Clusterwide Parameters (Feature - Conference)

I can see the services you are talking about, our cucm 8.6.2.

Please check if you have a MRGL assigned to your DX650 phones and the MRGL has the resources required for conferencing.

I'll try dig up some more info but maybe tac is an option.

Good luck!

Cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: