cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error encountered: An unknown error occurred while access the upgrade file.

samayann
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I was upgrading my call manager subscriber server from 7.1.3.10000-11 build to 8.0.2.41006-1 build, got the following error and the upgrade failed,

Status: Error encountered: An unknown error occurred while access the upgrade file.

While the same upgrade was successful on the pub.

Need help.

8 Replies 8

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You mean the same downloaded file? Or the same exact CD?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron,

Its the same downloaded file.

Brad Martin
Level 3
Level 3

I found that when upgrading from a remote machine I had to point to a directory with only the upgrade file in it. Prior to that I got the same error.

Brad,

I've seen that a number of times with 7x upgrade files.  I would like to say it's consistent but it hasn't always been.  I've done a number of upgrades and sometimes I would run across that issue and other times, I would not (there would be multiple files in the SFTP path).  After a few times, I just started always putting my upgrade file in a dedicated folder.

Good catch...and you're not alone in experiencing it.

Hailey

I faced same error while upgrading 7.0.2 to 7.1.3-20000-2 and after failing few times here is what i tried

1. add a ntp server to server ( even though the NTP was not really reachable ..just add one on server before you start upgrade)

2. try placing only one file on sftp root directory..

This is still happening in 11.x upgrade attempts, put OS in permissive mode and make sure there is only one file the directory path.  Random results with this one.

putting  OS to permissive mode worked for me

fedor.solovev
Spotlight
Spotlight

Wow.. After 12 years since the post was created...
CUC11.0 to CUC14 upgrade.

it requires the file ciscocm.enable-sha512sum-2021-signing-key-v1.0.cop
I tried fileZilla and FTP. It failed with MD5 check.
How bad connection should be to damage 0.05MB file ?

Then I tried old school WinSCP and SFTP - and it worked

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: