Views
Helpful
Replies

External Calls DTMF not working to Unity Call Handler

Vee1Brand
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

Thanks in advance for the help. I'm fairly new to Unified Communications, so please bear with me. I've been searching these forms about this issue and have tried a few suggestions but I still have the issue.

When dialing from an external line, DTMF is not working when attempting to either select menu options, entering extensions or entering a full DN. I have tried two different System Call Handlers, and each does not respond when dialing externally. Internally works fine.

The call flow is: External Number > SIP Gateway/CUBE > Call Manager(CTI Route Point) > Unity Connection(System Call Handler)

I have ran a debug of the following commands and made a test call: voip ccapi inout / ccsip all / voip rtp session name. These logs are attached.

I have also checked "Accept unsolicited notification" within the "SIP Trunk Security Profile Configuration" in CUCM, and reset the trunk.

I ran the show dialplan number (internal number) and I see it's hitting a dial plan that has "dtmf-relay rtp-nte sip-kpml sip-notify" set. 

Within CUC, System Call Handler, Greetings, I checked "Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers"

CUCM Version:11.5.1.15900-18

CUC Version: 11.5.1.15900-18

Show run of the dial plan:

dial-peer voice 100 voip
description INCOMING.SIP.TRUNK.TO.CUCM.10.DIGIT
destination-pattern 864.......
session protocol sipv2
session target ipv4:(CUCM Pub)
voice-class codec 1
voice-class sip bind control source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0
voice-class sip bind media source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0
dtmf-relay rtp-nte sip-kpml sip-notify

dial-peer voice 101 voip
description INCOMING.SIP.TRUNK.TO.CUCM.10.DIGIT
destination-pattern 864.......
session protocol sipv2
session target ipv4:(CUCM Sub)
voice-class codec 1
voice-class sip bind control source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0
voice-class sip bind media source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0
dtmf-relay rtp-nte sip-kpml sip-notify

Please let me know if more traces are needed, the full router configuration, or anything else. Also, please let me know if there is another members post that will also lead me to a solution. Thank you in advanced again. 

1 Reply 1

samimondo
Level 1
Level 1

Have you found a solution to this issue?